Elk – Rifle
Premiere Elk Hunting on Dry Creek Ranch
This is one of the finest private leases in Montana, consisting of about 25,000 acres of privately managed quality big game habitat. The ranch is surrounded by other large private ranches, which has created some real trophy quality elk herds. Our largest bull taken scored a whopping 409 7/8 gross score and ranks number 13 ever taken in Montana. Every year some real trophies are seen, some are shot, and some live to see another year. Not everyone will kill or even see a 350 or better bull, but they are there. The terrain encompasses 40 square miles of canyons and timber with lots of hiding places. Big bulls do just that, hide until found or they make a mistake. In order to get a big bull you need to be in an area that has big bulls. Average years opportunity is from 75% to 85% on 5 point or better bulls. Elk harvested must be 5×5 or better and deer must be 4×4 or better, continuing to ensure the quality of game for the future.
Weather, hunter’s abilities, and luck all play a part in hunting. In 2017 our average bull taken was over 300 gross score. Our experienced guides and knowledge of the area is where our high success rate comes from.
These hunts are for 7 days 5 full days of hunting time. The 2019 cost for two hunters per guide is $8200 each, and for private guide cost is $9500. If you wound an animal and the guide feels it is a fatal wound the outfitter has the option to terminate your hunt for that species.
License cost for 2019 is $1041.00 for deer and elk combo, $885 for elk only. These licenses must be applied for by March 15th. We will advise you for 2020 license fees when adopted. If you are serious about hunting in 2020 please contact us by August 1st so we can help you purchase a preference point.
An occasional fall black bear is encountered and a separate license is required for bear. This license costs $350.00; must be purchased 24 hours prior to hunting. There is a $1000 trophy fee for any deer or bear taken.
Rates and Dates:
2019 Hunting Dates
- 2019 Rifle 7-day trips with 5 days hunting time
2019 PRICES 1/1 $9500 2/1 $8200/HUNTER
- 1st Hunt: SOLD OUT
- Arrive October 25th ~ hunt October 26th – October 30th ~ depart October 31st
- 2nd Hunt: SOLD OUT
- Arrive November 2nd ~ hunt November 3rd – November 7th~ depart November 8th
- 3rd Hunt: SOLD OUT
- Arrive November 10th ~ hunt November 11th – November 15th ~ depart November 16th
- 4th Hunt:
- Arrive November 18th ~ hunt November 19th – November 23rd ~ depart November 24th
2020 Hunting Dates
2020 Rifle 7 day trips with 5 days hunting time
2020 PRICES 1/1 please inquire 2/1 $8500/hunter
- 1st Hunt:
- Arrive October 23rd ~ hunt October 24th – October 28th ~ depart October 29th
- 2nd Hunt:
- Arrive October 31st ~ hunt November 1st – November 5 ~ depart November 6th
- 3rd Hunt:
- Arrive November 8th ~ hunt November 9th – November 13th ~ depart November 14th
- 4th Hunt:
- Arrive November 16th ~ hunt November 17th – November 21st ~ depart November 22nd
Other Information About These Hunts
- Any animal you wish to mount will be completely caped and cared for in a professional manner.
- Your meat will be taken to a processing plant for cutting and wrapping if necessary. All meat processing and shipping or extra care is at your expense.
- Your guides, packers and cooks work very hard for you putting in long hours every day. Normal tips range $200.00+ for camp hands, packers and cooks; guides normally receive 10% of hunt price.
ALL TIPS ARE PER HUNTER. If you feel the camp staff has done a good job please tip accordingly.
- Any accommodations you want other that those provided will be at your own expense. Should you choose not to stay on site your hunting times may be affected.
- If you would like to stay at the Iron wheel Guest Ranch (our home base) for the night before your hunt begins or the night after it ends, there is a $35.00 per person per night charge for the night stay, dinner and breakfast.
Only moderate drinking will be acceptable, no excessive drinking is allowed, this could terminate your hunt. We do not provide any alcohol but will give you the opportunity to purchase alcohol before heading into camp.
No deposits will be refunded, if you draw a license. If you do not draw a license and applied before March 15th of the hunt year we will either refund or forward your deposit to the following year.
Montana Outfitters and Guides Association (MOGA) is the only organization that promotes and protects non-resident rights to hunt in Montana through the non-resident hunter angler defense fund(HADF), we require that each person contribute a minimum of $100.00 to the HADF program.